Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Best for Anti-Stress


05/02/09

I just want to go through some of the things I do to relieve my stress, not that anyone really cares.  This is more for myself, but if you want to add or subtract anything, keep it to yourself let me know:

1. Run:  This is my number one because I find the most stressful part of most days are waking up and getting ready.  It's all just a routine, you know, take a shower, make coffee, brush teeth, but I always find myself in a time crunch, asking myself, "What should I cut out of my routine today so I can get to [insert shitty place here] on time?"  With all this running around trying to do all that I can in as little time as possible, I like to add on actual running around.  The block that is.  The first thing I do when I wake up is run, always without my contacts though.  Not being able to fully see my surroundings helps me to not fully feel the pain that comes with exercise.  Running may hurt, may take your breath away, it may even make you puke, but when done correctly, it's just a good ol' stress reliever.  For me at least.

2. Listen:  To music!  I also do this while traveling to [insert shitty place here].  Blare the music, take a deep breath, and belt it out.  I don't let people next to me on the road ruin my performance.  If I look like a total fool, good because my stress diffuses as my foolishness grows. 

3. Lay:  After a stressful day at work, when the weather is nice at night still (I get off at 10 PM =/), I like to get home, take my suit and all, a pillow, and walk onto my roof.  That's where I lay back and relax.  Enjoying the night time noises is something that is just relaxing.  Looking at the stars is nice.  The big dipper always reminds me of something; I'm not quite sure what it really reminds me of, but seeing the constellation in outer space brings me back to Earth, which is usually what I need after a rough day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment