Saturday, March 5, 2011

Contradicting Weekend

05/10/09

Friday night:  I just got paid.  Not that it really has to do with anything because I don't need another paycheck to have fun.  10 PM comes so I finally get to bounce out of work, anxious to get to the party.  Getting out of my suit and into normal clothes takes a matter of seconds.  I chat with Tia and Mia until Andre is ready, then we head on over to the house.

I get somewhat lost getting to James' since I've only been there twice, and it's dark.  We pull up, get out, recognize people, head inside, and chill.  There aren't too many people at this party, not even a dozen, but it's exactly what I want:  a small group of people that I can kick it with for hours and not regret a single thing.  Chaos starts ensuing as the night flies by, ending with a beatdown of Shantelle by 3 men.  They all love every moment of it.  We finally agree to leave.  The sky is lightening as I drive my best friend and Andre home at 5 AM.



...



Saturday night:  I just took sleeping pills.  I may not need them because I woke up at 11 AM, giving me a mere 5 hours of sleep, which is about half of what I usually get.  10 PM comes so I stagger out of work, ready to go to sleep.  I cut many corners in preparing for bed.  I simply can't handle the overwhelming power of a sleeping pill after a night of bad quality sleep.

I get up the next morning at 5 AM, just 24 hours after my crazy night out.  The snooze button allows me to get out of bed at 5:30.  I get up, get dressed warmly, head outside, and run.  There aren't too many signs of life out in the chilly morning air:  a few crows and one car with teenage boys jamming out to loud bass cross my path in the half hour I spend on the move.  Further and longer I go, thinking to myself, "What else is better that I can be doing?" so I think about how I can extend my jog.  My body catches up with my mind, and my legs slow to a walk for a minute or so.  I love every moment of it all.  I finally reach home.  The sky is lightened as I finish my preparation for my shift at the hotel at 7 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment