Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Was I Saying?

10/09/09

Two days ago I was sitting in my class, Sales Management, listening to the teacher talk about how to be a good leader.  I try to pay attention in class because I pay just about $1000 per class, but I was so freaking bored!  I do have a nice laptop, but I have banned myself from bringing it to class because I know myself, and I'd be surfing the internet, IMing, Myspacing, Facebooking, or simply playing my favorite default computer game, Minesweeper.  But, the fact that I don't bring my laptop, does not stop me from getting distracted watching other people on theirs...especially when they're up to no good.  Apple's Mac computers are especially troubling when the owner of one sits where I can see his screen.  He'll just click about to different sections, minimizing and maximizing like no other.  I'd prefer just PC users.  With them, I watch them look through their friend's pictures and look for a new horse on Craigslist, and I'd like to think the negative feeling that I experience is shock that they'd disrespect the teacher like that and be so careless about their education, but what I'm really feeling is jealousy.  I always wish I'd bring my laptop to school while I'm at school, but when I'm not, I certainly know better.  Last quarter I took two classes that took place in computer labs...not one email wasn't responded to within 5 minutes of receiving!

Another passtime I could occupy my bored self with while I'm in class is drawing.  I'm by no means a good artist, but I do like to draw things.  I did draw last quarter in my terribly boring International Marketing class, but it was just a distraction to myself and others; I did end up drawing out my latest tattoo though.  When taking notes, I have your pencil; I have your paper.  I get the urge to draw a car or a bug.  I can't though!  I will get too involved in my pictures and quite possibly get caught.

One passtime I do choose to employ instead of learning is texting.  The problem with UW Tacoma is their buildings are anti-service torture chambers!  I rarely get service in my classes...maybe it's just my shitty service provider.  But, I love a good text conversation while listening to the mythology of ancient China.  Hit me up 253-682-8162.

The real reason for this blog hasn't been revealed...I got so caught up in describing distractions that I forgot to mention it.  Maybe another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment