Saturday, March 5, 2011

Halloween Hangover

11/01/08

Today is the day after Halloween, meaning ...sickness!  I went to Shantelle's party last night, quite fun I must say.  Of course, I was a menace to society since liquid confidence makes me that way.  Out of control-ness is not uncommon for me and hearing my best friend replay the night's events to me this morning was full of NO-I-DIDN'Ts.

I woke up at 8 AM having to use the bathroom, and I swear I was still inebriated.  But whatever...because when I woke up again at 1 PM to get ready for work, I was past that and onto the BRING ON THE HEADACHE!  I found the remains of my costume in a pile on the floor, but I still had my devil tail tied around my waist.  So, after untying it and throwing it onto the heap of shoes, wings, sequins, and fishnets, I got into the shower. 

Oh how I love showers when you ready need one.  I was a mess!  I hadn't even attempted to take off even one of my several layers of makeup when I got home at 2 AM, and my hair had SOMETHING in it.  I don't know what it was, and I probably don't want to know.  It's amazing what shampoo and soap can do for you when you feel like sh*t.

So, I got ready for work and threw away the wings I was wearing the night before because while I was sleeping, my kitten (see blog titled Kitten6) had a hayday tearing them apart.  I tried to eat a bowl of cereal, but my stomach wouldn't have it, and a majority of it was wasted.  I had the usual hangover helpers -- three Ibuprofens -- drank some water, and wished I was still sleeping.

Getting ready for work was easy!  I just threw on my glasses and tied my soaking hair back into a pony.  Oh the wonders of not caring!

I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way to work to pick up a bottled coffee.  What I saw when I walked in was something that did not make me holly or jolly.  It did not feel like the so-called best time of the year.  There were Christmas decorations everywhere!  A wrapped gift was atop each pillar in the store; there were Rudolph shirts and tinsel.  There was even a Christmas tree!  Those poor Wal-Mart workers who must have had to decorate that huge fluorescent-lit, low-priced superstore overnight while I was making a fool of myself in front of a bunch of people I didn't know.  What a sacrifice they make in the name of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment