Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blog Deux

09/01/08

Right now, I'm at work with, you've guessed it, nothing to do.  Don't get me wrong, I love like my job, but there is a lot of down time even with extra tasks.  So, we get up to several hours of entertaining ourselves during an eight hour shift.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  During school, I can do my homework, take finals, study.  Today, I got all my sh*t together to send my rebate in to Cingular (the bastards!), even though I will probably never get my rebate back because Cingular loves to screw me.  Maybe I just think they're out to get me, but I like it better to think this way.

So, here I stand, listening to country music in our festive lobby.  It looks nice; there was hard work put into decorating for the fair, you can tell, but there's one small thing:  I do not like the fair.


Last year, I went to the fair with my friend, Kirandeep, her boyfriend of the time, Ray, my little sister, Tia, and her bff, Mia.  I was at the fair for maybe an hour.  The ia's (Tia/Mia) split off like planned, and Kirandeep, Ray, and I went to the rides.  They were all over each other!  And it sucked for me; I was basically subjected to mushy PDA.  To top it all over, we kept running into my ex, and I could not let him see me for some paranoid reason, so I soon left the fairgrounds.
This year, I am attempting to go back I think, even though my older sister, Nicolette is boycotting it, and I would love to accompany her.  But, I have two free tickets, so any takers?  Just kidding!  I may already have plans with someone; I just don't know if they are serious or not.

I had plans to write blog 2 about irony, so let me get started on that.  I have had a couple in depth conversations with one of my best friends, Beth, about irony.  First off, irony sucks.  It's confusing.  I feel a bit uneducated saying this, but can you tell me that you know an example of irony?  Because I'd love to hear it.  Alanis Morrisette's song, Ironic, is not a true portrait of what irony is.  "It's like rain on your wedding day."  Not irony, just shitty luck.  Mo Rocca talks about this on VH1's I Love the 90s.  Great show.  You should most definitely check it out.  In the mean time, I will go on pondering irony, doing nothing, and sipping on fair flavored haterade.

-Brittny

No comments:

Post a Comment