Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mas Dinero

01/11/09

So0o...I am somewhat worried about my future.  My ...::BiG::... goal is to own a hotel.  Actually, I want to own a resort, an expensive one, that mostly pertains to celebrities and the likewise.  I mostly mean rich people, let's say $800 per night...anyone?

But, the fact of the matter is that I have about $600 to my name, but I still have to pay $2300 for my tuition.  So, essentially, I have -$1700.  Not looking too good there.

Here's what I've been thinking:  First, I thought I'd open an espresso stand and use the revenue from that to open a hotel.  Then, a girl in one of my classes mentioned that "just anyone" these days thinks that they can open an espresso stand.  That kind of put me into perspective since I've never worked at any sort of coffee stand/store/bar, so what makes me think that I can own one?  This idea is still plausible to me though, so it may or may not have a chance.

Another idea that I have is to open an editing service out of my home.  I know that whenever I read a text document, email, letter, IM, bulletin, or anything, I basically proofread it.  I don't actually correct it, but in my mind, I pull out the mistakes.  Therefore, an editing service would be perfect for me, since I naturally edit; I have even researched the career of copy editor.  This idea is a bit far-fetched since I AM only 19, as in, I don't have my credibility to my name.  Also, while I was reading up on homebased editing services, it recommends having a computer (check), the ability to edit (check), and editing software (what the?).  I've never heard of editing software; I would think that Microsoft Office (mainly Word) would cover that.  Isn't Spell Check editing software enough?

As I was Googling "editing software," Google suggested photo editing software.  I do have Photoshop, and I do enjoy editing photos and the likewise.  But, I don't think I did immensely well in my digital photography class.  So, that idea is more or less out of the question.

My final and most realistic idea (at least for the time being) is selling Avon! Wooooo...Not really, but I think I could make at least $100 per month besides my actual job's pay.  Maybe I will; maybe I won't.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment