Saturday, March 5, 2011

Phrases I Hate

10/04/08

"I hate drama."
Who says it:  All those who are the heart of drama
Don't we all?  Isn't saying you hate drama sort of like saying I hate liars.  Everyone hates liars; everyone hates drama.  If you have to point out that you hate it, then you probably gravitate towards it, which is your problem, not mine.

"You missed a spot."
Who says it:  Customers who know they won't be bitch-slapped.
I don't care who the hell you are, or how funny you think you are, but YOU'RE NOT; you're annoying.  When you say your dumbass little remark, please expect the fakest smile ever in return.  I know I didn't miss a spot, and just because you feel the need to open your big, fat mouth, does NOT mean that you have to.  So save us all some rage, and shut the f**k up.

"No offense."
Who says it:  People who think they're getting off the hook for being an asshole, but they are NOT!
This phrase is good for some uses, such as, " a big fat NOTHING!  I was trying to come up with something, since I occasionally use this phrase, but clearly, it should never be used.  Starting out a sentence with "no offense" is probably a sentence you shouldn't finish because it will offend!!  "No offense, but your hair looks bad today."  Maybe it is better to say, "No offense, but your hair is kind of frizzy today."  What do you think?  "No offense" should be used when you feel a dire need to point out something that when said will offend the person it's directed to.  Or else, it can be used in humor:  "No offense, but you're an awful driver."  HA!  Not funny?

"I'm not going to lie..."
Who uses it:  Liars!
Oh yes you are!  A similar phrase:  "Honestly..."  You could use either of these phrases to start any sentence unless of course, you're going to lie, but who would admit it?

"Give 110%."
Who uses it:  Coaches
Yeah, I may not play football or whatever sport is coached by someone who says this, but I watch TV, ok?  110% is not giveable.  You can give 100%.  Period.  You cannot give more.  Asking Demanding more is just going to make your team roll their eyes and take the rest of lecture in stride, you crazy steriod fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment